I’ll have more fun updates on how training is going later this week, but until then enjoy some filler fun facts about yours truly:
- I don’t get stage fright. I grew up doing ballet and absolutely LIVED for recitals and performances. I seriously love being the center of attention. It’s not even that I’m some uber extrovert (I’m really not), I just love having all eyes on me. It’s why public speaking is my jam. Maybe it’s from being the youngest child and only girl? Who knows. I try to not be obnoxious about it.
- I have a theory that greater comfort with public speaking directly translates to greater presence of mind in the show ring. I need to put together a post on this.
- I have a weird thing with lizards. I love them. I don’t know why, I just absolutely lose my mind when I see one. To an absurd extent- I saw some guy dressed up as the Geico gecko at a baseball game and literally started crying. It was out of control.
- If I suddenly received a gazillion dollars, I don’t think my life would materially change. I like working, I love my roommate, I love where I keep Francis. I’d probs buy a lot of tack and then go to more horse shows, but that’s about it. Things are pretty good as they are and I wouldn’t make a whole lot of changes even if I had the money.
- I credit a lot of the arc of my life thus far to my high school chem/physics teacher. He’s the one that nurtured my love for science and encouraged me to apply to some competitive engineering programs for college. Science and math had always been my jam, but he was hugely influential at an age where that support and encouragement opened my eyes to so many more possibilities.
- I have a fear of edges. Not heights. I can be super high up and as long as I’m secure, no problemo! But stick me near the edge and I freeze and get tunnel vision and freak out.
- I jumped on the bandwagon and did the three fictional character thing that’s floating around Facebook:
Honestly I could probably limit this to just Elliot. Pasty New England perfectionist with a penchant for making any situation awkward (“Elliot Reid, Moment Killer”). But then Hermione is my jam- loves to learn and gets shit done. And Jess from New Girl kinda has the humor- super goofy and positive.
Prepping this week for our last show of the season this weekend, can’t wait to let you know how it goes!