A few more thoughts on this weekend:
- I MANAGED TO TRAIL RIDE. After doing a homework ride on Friday, two of us meandered out onto the trails nearby which took us onto a golf course. I even cantered without a fence around me! Owner Lady hasn’t taken Addy out, so this *may* have been Pretty Girl’s first trail ride. In usual DragonMare fashion, absolutely nothing fazed her and she very happily trotted up and down hills! We were only out there for maybe 15 minutes, but nothing bad happened! Next time we’ll stay out and play longer. It really was a fun mental break before heading to the show.
- I submitted a picture from this show to JudgeMyRide (I know, I’m a little obsessive about sending them in…) and Rob Gage already got back to me!! Check out his feedback here. I was pretty thrilled!
- I lost a pound of sweat on Saturday. You think I’m exaggerating. I’m not. I literally lost a full pound in sweat. I sweat through my shirt before I even started my warmup. Sweat everywhere.
- I saw a whole bunch of people in the jumper ring wearing white breeches. There were no jumper classics at this show. People were wearing white in the 2’3″ jumpers. I feel like a jerk for getting so offended by a pair of pants, but come on people! You have to earn those white pants! Either that or I’m going to ignore my trainer and wear my own white pants next time. JK LOL it’s not in my DNA to ignore my trainer, tan pants 4ever. We are making huge strides towards our jumper classic though… (Get it? Huge strides? HAH)
- Next time, I will be wearing a light-colored long sleeve shirt. The navy looked great, and was roughly 473 F. I’m also sporting a rockin’ farmer’s tan. Any suggestions for a good sunshirt?
- Speaking of shirts, I saw a bunch of people in the jumpers wearing non-collared shirts. Now this was a local show, true, but I thought collared shirts were kinda the deal? There were lots of non-collared sunshirt types, which certainly looked more comfortable than what I had on. But I come from Eqworld/Hunterland where you wear a dark wool jacket in July because that’s just how it’s done. Someone please tell me what I can get away with in here!
- It was the weirdest feeling to not try and slow Addy down. I still tried to package her to the base and around the turns (with varying degrees of success), but I was able to let her open up and find her own pace. As you may have seen in the video I posted yesterday, “her own pace” means a bright and cheerful hand-gallop. I’m not used to going this fast. I like this.
- This weekend we didn’t worry about being efficient with our courses. I saw other people slicing turns and being really smart about their tracks, but I had too much going through my brain to think about that. Next time I’ll worry about that.
- I love Jumperland! With a few tweaks I think we’re gonna really like it here 🙂