- You guys know how I talk about my lesson/show/real life buddy D’Arcy all the freakin’ time?? She finally started her blog! She’s going to be asking all those questions that we all pretend to know the answer to, and sprinkling in some awesome anecdotes of her being a total badass. Head on over to The Clueless but Curious Rider and give her a warm welcome to blogland!
- Karley over at All In is having a super awesome contest, so you should absolutely check it out here if you haven’t already. She’s awesome, her horse is a total studly beast (and her baby horse is ridiculously adorable), and contests are fun 🙂
- My new tall boots came in!!!! I’m so glad I got the tall height, even now I’m a little nervous they might not be tall enough. I’ll show them to Trainer when she gets back from Lake Placid to see what she thinks. They’re a hair too tall right now, I just worry that they’ll drop and be too short. But they’re certainly tight enough- I had to have the girl zip me in to them because I couldn’t do it myself. So excited to wear them around the house and start breaking them in! Also very glad that Dover was able to snag them for me, they only had one pair of size 8-tall-slims in the warehouse so I was a little nervous. I will certainly be posting pics of them today or tomorrow, so check my Instagram for updates!
- This week in particular, I am extremely grateful for the community and love that exists here in blogland. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being such thoughtful, interesting, funny, smart, kind people.
So… here goes.
To whoever is reading this (maybe my roommate, maybe some family members, maybe someone who found their way here)- welcome to my brand new blog!
After lurking in the blogosphere for oh-so-long, I’ve finally decided to join in and see what all the fuss is about. Couple that with an imminent re-entry to the show ring after 10 years, and I think I finally have a journey worth sharing.
What you can expect in this blog:
- A lot of horse talk. I’m not at the barn as much as I would like (3-4 days a week right now), but my thoughts are on horses most of my waking hours. The obsession is real.
- Thoughts on growing up. I’ve been in the work force for a few years now, but I’m still constantly learning how to be a grown-up (Mom and Dad, thanks for taking those panicked calls at all hours) and sometimes I might share those lessons.
- My musings on people and life. As I tell my family all the time, I’m just full of opinions. Maybe you’ll agree, maybe you won’t, and maybe we can have a rousing discussion.
What you can not expect in this blog:
- Whining. I’m not a big fan of self-pity, so there will be no wallowing or venting on this blog. I’m a pretty positive person, so we’re going to stick with that!
- Skilled writing. I’m an engineer by training and spend my workdays writing computer code. The last time I wrote with any consistency was high school. You get the picture.
- Professional know-how. I can’t think of a single thing that I consider myself an expert on, and I don’t plan on faking it. Any lessons or advice that I share will be based solely on my own experiences, and may or may not be helpful to anyone else. Be warned!
I’d love to hear any tips or advice anyone has for new bloggers, so drop me a line! Now, it’s time to start writing.