A collection of random thoughts and factoids about me that don’t warrant their own post right now:
- I recently got a super cool hat from Target and have been wearing it every day. I realized there are two types of people that wear hats: hipsters and people who just don’t even GAF about how they look. I’m clearly not a hipster, so guess I’m in the second category. Who cares, this hat is awesome! (For fantasy nerds, it totally makes me feet like Mat Cauthon from WoT)
- When manfriend’s mom exclaimed over a picture of Addy, “She’s so beautiful! Her mane looks almost golden blonde!” I almost cried. My gray mare looks golden blonde.
- I absolute love the #rootd hashtag and will spend an hour on Instagram looking through the gorgeous schooling and show get-ups. I wanted to join in by posting my own, but then I realized that I have 3 pairs of breeches and a pair of boots, and I wear the same long sleeved workout shirt for every lesson. I ran out of variety after three tries.
- After hearing so many horror stories of sisters growing up together and crazy in-laws, I’m so glad that my brothers chose the women that they did to tie down for life. I get to have sisters that I adore and we got to skip the angsty teenage phase!
- On the other side of the crazy in-laws, I’m so glad that manfriend’s family is totally awesome. They’ve welcomed me in from day one and have given me a home down here where I’m so far from my own home. Lucky me.
- The cool drawings I have posted around my office are fraudulent. I taped paper to my computer screen and traced like a 5 year old. Someone commented that I was pretty good at drawing Captain America and I just nodded sagely and said it was a special talent.
- I’m not a big one for celebrity crushes; I never had posters of Orlando Bloom up around my room or gushed over Brad Pitt. But I’m pretty sure that if the opportunity came for me to be with Chris Evans, I would take it without hesitation (sorry manfriend).
- One of the nicest coincidences in my adult life is that ombre hair came into style just when I started having to pay for my own haircuts, meaning that I am too cheap to keep dying my hair. I’ve had stylists ask me who did my ombre- turns out my cheapskate roots are trendy!
- On the topic of hair: in my head I am blonde, in my stick figure drawings of myself I am blonde, and my first thought on every form that asks for hair color is to fill in “blonde.” I can’t wait for the day when my disposable income reaches my threshold and I can head to the salon to once again end the torment of being a natural brunette.
- I am genuinely curious as to how people cleaned their homes before Lysol Wipes were a thing. They’re good for everything.
- Living with my oldest brother and sister-in-law for six months after I graduated college was waaaay better than I thought it would be. We got to know each other as adults instead of just as siblings and hanging out with them all the time was the best. Weird to know that I not only love them because they’re family, but I also sincerely like them as people.
- For a couple months during my junior year of college I watched the 2009 Star Trek movie on Netflix at least once every single week. When they took it off the Instant lineup, I bought it on iTunes so I never have to go without. I still don’t get sick of that movie and it’s my go-to when I can’t think of anything else. Love original Star Trek too, but definitely a big fan of the reboot.
- Movie soundtracks are the modern equivalent of classical music and I love them. John Williams, James Newton Howard, Howard Shore, all of them. I once got so worked up about the Star Wars soundtrack that I wrote a 11.5 page essay explaining how it changed cinema (y’all don’t even realize how groundbreaking it was) and I’m getting worked up just thinking about it.
- I don’t drink coffee. I did for a couple months ’cause I thought that’s what grown adults do, but it’s not really my jam. Cold water wakes me up way more without making me jittery. I’m not a soda person either, so the caffeine in a cup of tea is enough to keep me buzzing. To the point where I cannot have anything with caffeine in it after 1pm if I want to sleep that night. Decaf tea for the win!
Hope you enjoyed this brain dump and learned a little bit about the lady behind the blog! Stay warm and enjoy your weekend!